This beautifully illustrated book filled with original art provides a step-by-step approach to drawing the fashion figure, garment details, and the various techniques used to render fashion illustration. For the more advanced student or working designer, Illustrating Fashion explores concepts such as manipulating the figure, more complex poses and rendering techniques and concepts of fashion art. Illustrating significant historical and contemporary designer garments, Stipelman helps the student understand a specific contribution by that designer and how it applies to the lesson. Readers will explore and develop their own talents and goals, thus creating their own illustration style.
· Chapters begin with an overview of the subject, including a brief fashion history or the relationship of the garment detail to the figure
· Full color illustrations throughout highlight rendering techniques from basic to advanced
· Explores advanced concepts and refined rendering techniques
· Includes dedicated chapters on men, children and accessories
New to this Edition
· Features 20% new illustrations including updated fashion styles
· Shows new drawings of the side back figure and expanded sections on advanced rendering techniques
· Includes a STUDIO with 9 new video tutorials (15 total) on basic, intermediate and advanced illustration techniques, plus new drawing exercises for each chapter
· New Instructor Resources include grading guidelines for chapter exercises
This bundle includes Illustrating Fashion and Illustrating Fashion STUDIO Access Card.